lactose free american pancakes
Delicious for breakfast, lunch, dinner or just in between: Pancakes! With the help of our lactase drops you can make delicious lactose-free American Pancakes!
Read the recipe below:
Preparation time: 30 minutes
For (about) 14 pancakes you need:
- 2 drops of lactase
- 300 ml milk
- 225 grams flour, sifted
- 16 grams baking powder
- ½ tablespoon dried glucose sugar syrup
- 2 eggs
- 30 grams lactose-free butter, melted
- 1 gram salt (knife tip)
- sunflower oil for cooking
- rice syrup
Method: To make the pancakes, we first make the milk lactose-free with our lactase drops. If you want to make a bottle of milk lactose-free right away: put 5-8 drops of lactase drops in a 1 litre bottle of milk. Shake well, so that the lactase drops are mixed well and leave in the refrigerator for 24 hours. If you want to make only the 300 ml of milk lactose free, add 2 drops of lactase to 300 ml of milk, stir briefly and leave in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
Once the milk is lactose free after 24 hours, you can start making the pancakes! Follow the steps below:
- Using a whisk, beat the flour, baking powder, sugar, eggs, butter, milk and salt in a bowl to form a lump-free batter.
- Heat a dash of sunflower oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and, using a spoon, scoop 3 piles of batter into the pan.
- As soon as bubbles are visible, you can flip the pancakes. Then, fry the other side as well until golden brown.
- Pile them up and serve with rice syrup or powdered sugar.
Tip: Serve the pancakes with fresh fruit to aid digestion.