Looking for a light and tasty snack? Then these springrolls are for you! They are refreshing and easy to adapt to your personal taste.
Ingredients for the Low-FODMAP Springrolls:
- 8 rice paper sheets (make sure they are made only from rice with no added wheat)
- 100 g cooked and peeled shrimp
- 1/3 cucumber, cut into thin strips
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 50 g red cabbage
- 100 g rice noodles
- A handful of fresh mint leaves
- Low FODMAP soy sauce
- Optional: sesame seeds
Instructions for making the Low-FODMAP Springrolls:
- Prepare the Ingredients: Cut the cucumber, carrots and red cabbage into thin strips. Cook the noodles according to the package directions, then drain and let cool.
- Soak the Rice Sheets: Fill a shallow bowl with warm water. Gently soak a rice sheet in the water until it becomes soft and flexible (usually takes about 10-15 seconds).
- Fill the Springroll: Place the soaked rice sheet on a clean work surface, such as a plate or cutting board. Place a few strips of each filling (shrimp, cucumber, carrots, red cabbage, noodles and mint) in the center of the rice sheet.
- Fold the Springroll: First fold the bottom of the rice sheet over the filling. Then fold the sides inward and tightly roll the springroll as you would with a burrito.
- Repeat Process: Repeat this process until you have used all the rice sheets and fillings.
- Serving: Serve the Low-FODMAP Springrolls with a bowl of soy sauce for dipping and sesame seeds for decoration.