Attention to all pizza lovers! We’re sharing the recipe for low-FODMAP Quattro Stagioni pizza! Because it uses gluten-free flour and low-FODMAP toppings, this pizza is totally suitable while following a low-FODMAP diet. Of course, you can also vary with other low-FODMAP toppings of your choice.
Ingredients (for 2 pizzas):
For the pizza dough:
- 250 g gluten-free flour
- 7 g dried yeast
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 150 ml lukewarm water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the tomato sauce:
- 1/2 can (200 g) diced tomatoes (without added onions or garlic)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- Salt and pepper
- 100 g mozzarella
- 8 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 8 black olives, sliced
- 100 g cooked ham, in strips
- 100 g artichoke hearts, drained and diced
- Fresh basil leaves or arugula for garnish
Here’s how to make the pizza dough:
- In a bowl, mix together the gluten-free flour, dried yeast, sugar and salt.
- Gradually add the lukewarm water and olive oil as you knead the dough until it’s smooth and elastic.
- Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and let the dough rise in a warm place until it has doubled in size (about 1 hour).
Here’s how to make the low-FODMAP tomato sauce:
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan over low heat and add the diced tomatoes
- Add the dried oregano, dried basil, salt and pepper.
- Stir well and simmer the sauce over low heat for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
This is how to make the Quattro Stagioni pizzas!
- Preheat the oven: 220°C for an electric oven and 200°C for a convection oven.
- Dust a baking sheet or pizza stone with some gluten-free flour to prevent sticking.
- Divide the risen pizza dough into two equal pieces and roll out each piece into a thin circle.
- Place the pizza bases on the baking sheet or pizza stone.
- Spread the tomato sauce evenly over the pizza bases, leave a border of about 1 cm free.
- Top each pizza with mozzarella, slices of cherry tomatoes, slices of black olives, strips of cooked ham and pieces of artichoke hearts.
- Bake the pizzas in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Remove the pizzas from the oven and garnish with the fresh basil leaves or arugula, if desired.
Enjoy your homemade pizza!