Fancy a delicious cake that is also lactose and fructose-free? Try making this delicious lactose and fructose-free Blueberry Yoghurt Cake! Read the recipe below.
Preparation time: 20 minutes + 60 minutes oven time
For one cake you will need:
- 150 grams of lactose-free butter, melted
- 220 grams of sugar (from dried glucose syrup)
- 2 eggs
- 140 grams of lactose-free (Greek) yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 225 grams of self-rising baking flour, sifted
- 125 grams of fresh blueberries + a few extra
- powdered sugar (from rice syrup)
Extra requirements: a cake tin or a bundt pan, a mixer or food processor with whisk
How do you make this cake?
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius. Grease the cake tin or bundt pan.
- Beat the butter, sugar, eggs, yoghurt, lemon zest and vanilla extract in a mixer or food processor with a whisk until you obtain a smooth batter.
- Add the self-rising flour and beat well.
- Stir in the blueberries and spoon the batter into the greased cake tin. Smooth the top.
- Bake the cake for about 1 hour in the preheated oven.
- Prick the cake with a skewer. When no more batter sticks to the skewer, the cake is done. Take the cake out of the oven and let it cool in the tin for about 10 minutes, then place it on a cooling rack and let it cool completely.
- Sprinkle with the icing sugar and garnish with a few fresh blueberries if desired.