This wonderful salad is histamine-free due to the use of quinoa and low-histamine vegetables. The salad can be eaten as lunch or light dinner.
Tip: Make sure you use fresh ingredients, the fresher the better. The longer you leave a food, the more histamine is created. So ask at the butcher and the greengrocer for the freshest ingredients.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 500 grams of quinoa
- 2 chicken breasts (note: make sure the chicken is as fresh as possible or use frozen chicken)
- 2 carrots
- 1 cucumber
- 1 red onion
- Cold pressed olive oil
- Pepper and salt
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions and let it cool.
- Add a dash of olive oil to the frying pan and fry the chicken until golden brown. Allow the chicken to cool after this.
- Cut the chicken, carrots and cucumber into strips and cut the onion into halves.
- Place the quinoa, along with the sliced chicken, carrot, cucumber and onion on a plate.
- Drizzle with olive oil and add salt and pepper to taste
Enjoy your meal!