Monash University Low FODMAP Certified trade marks are used under licence in the Netherlands by Intoleran. Intoleran products can assist with following the Monash University Low FODMAP diet™. A strict low FODMAP diet should not be started without supervision from a healthcare professional. Monash University has assessed Intoleran products as being low in FODMAPs but has not assessed their suitability as a therapeutic product. Monash University receives a licence fee for use of the Monash University Low FODMAP Certified trade marks.
Monash University is a university in Australia. This university was the first to develop a FODMAP diet. The FODMAP diet can provide relief from symptoms, especially for people with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Monash University has developed a FODMAP app with information about different foods. For example, the app provides information on fructose, lactose and sorbitol in the various foods and with this information the app indicates whether the food is a low FODMAP food or not. The app is not free – it costs €8.99, but the profits go back to Monash University and then additional research is taken out for the FODMAP diet with the money. The app is constantly updated and the university continues to test products for FODMAPs. Furthermore, in the app you will find a number of recipes that are low FODMAP and you can use this app to find out if you can eat something or not.
Our supplements contain digestive enzymes that can help break down various fermentable carbohydrates, such as lactose. Our supplements can be used for various food intolerances, but are also suitable for people with PDS. Research dietitian Jane Varney (Monash University) wrote an article on the use of digestive enzymes in PDS. You can read that article here.
Monash University Low FODMAP CertifiedTM selected products:
- Lactase tablets (contains 2500 FCC lactase)
- Lactase tablets (contains 3000 FCC lactase)
- Lactase 10,000 (contains 10,000 FCC lactase)
- Lactase drops (contains vloeibare lactase)
- Fructase (contains the enzyme Xylose Isomerase)
- Fibractase (contains the enzyme Alpha-Galactosidase)
- Fibractase Forte (contains the enzyme Alpha-Galactosidase)
- Quatrase (FODMAP supplement: contains the enzymes lactase, Xylose Isomerase, Alpha-Galactosidase and Invertase)
- Quatrase Forte (FODMAP supplement: contains the enzymes lactase, Xylose Isomerase, Alpha-Galactosidase and Invertase)
- Startchway (contains the enzymes Invertase en Gluco-Amylase)
Do you have questions about our products? If so, please contact us. Our Intoleran dietitians will be happy to help and advise you.